Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Moss Slurry and Square Tubing


This is an experiment in growing moss.  I did a version before this attempt in which the buttermilk and moss slurry was applied to styrofoam, a shoe, and an old shirt and let to sit out in my kitchen;  the result was a crusty dried-up failure.  With the new attempt I made building blocks of bass wood each with a drilled hole and hung these (covered with moss slurry) inside a discarded veg. oil container.  Maybe this will keep the humidity up.  I would like to see each block with a robust moss covering which i can then combine into a larger study model.  I will keep you posted 


This is the layout of the hedge 6'x40' using 1" square tubing.  I discovered late in the process that i had pulled the dimensions using Rhino incorrectly so the form will be slightly different than the planned form.  I could still "fix" the problem but i have decided to use the screw up and will redraw the plans accordingly and post later. 

1 comment:

  1. great post chris! i love the experiments! moss is slow to establish itself, but will regenerate quickly in the right conditions.

    ReplyDelete